Is it possible to go BRA-LESS?
OK… let me preface this post with where the idea came from… 2 words for you: Khloe. Kardashian. Oh, yes.
Khloe Kardashian recently went bra-less with a SHEER top (nonetheless) on Fox & Friends Monday afternoon with her sister Kourtney. Apparently she didn’t mean to flash her nipples, but she did… viola!
Her reaction to the incident (which she addressed on her blog) was this:
“Whoops!!! My stylist Monica Rose DID tell me to wear a bra with that sheer top but being the naughty girl that I am I disobeyed and went bra-less. I have a nipple obsession and personally love when women show their nipples — perhaps I was a member of a nudist colony in my last life. On a more serious note though, to those who I offended, I am very sorry. It truly was an accident, but I would be lying if I said I thought this was a big deal. I love how free European women are when it comes to nudity — they embrace their bodies and are proud of what God gave them. I love that mindset and way of life, which is why I am not embarrassed about what happened this morning. We ALL have nipples!”
Call me crazy, but I would never, ever, ever go on a national TV show with a sheer top with nothing underneath it. I was shocked to see this whole thing play out on Twitter and then to see the reaction she was getting from people – mostly women – saying things like, “If I didn’t need to wear a bra, I wouldn’t either! Go Khloe!” But she DOES need to wear a bra. She DOES.
So it got me thinking… what outfits are acceptable to wear without bra-coverage underneath? For moms, there aren’t many. It’s kind of an “appropriate” thing that we’ve all got going on, you know what I mean? I’ve also talked pretty openly about my lack thereof in the (ahem) boob department, so I know I’m going to personally be different than other women, but in all honesty, it got me thinking… what could you wear without a bra and not worry about a nipple malfunction?
Oh, yes… I was up for the challenge!
I have come up with 5 items one could acceptably wear WITHOUT a bra (and none of the contain sheer fabric):
1. I feel like this is the easiest of all of the items to look for – Tank with Shelf Bra… plain and simple. No bra needed, but you’re still getting ample coverage.
2. Black Tube Top. Yes, it would have to be black because the dark color will disguise everything and well, anything.
3. Halter with a plunging neckline. You can’t possible wear a bra with a top like this, but I will say… it’s very sexy and still elegant at the same time. If you wore this with a stunning long black skirt and gold/silver necklaces, this would be stunning.
4. Printed Romper. I will say, usually these rompers have some sort of support and/or built-in bra inside… but, if they don’t… always go with a print because the print distracts. 🙂
5. Black Tube Dress. With tube dresses, it sometimes is more uncomfortable to try and wear a strapless bra. I have found myself doing bra fixes and pulls and tucks on a few occasions when I’ve tried to wear one. A bra is not always necessary with a black tube dress…