Get the Look: Retro Glam Waves from the Emmys
Sizzling starlets stunned with retro waves and a serious dose of old Hollywood glamour at the 63rd annual Emmy Awards on Sunday. Celebrities like Kate Winslet, Dianna Agron and Evan Rachel Wood all sported variations of this classically elegant style which effortlessly exudes confidence and class.
Celebrity Hairstylist Kevin Mancuso, who has worked with A-listers like Anne Hathaway, Natalie Portman and Blake Lively* offers his tips for achieving this old school style:
“Retro glamour has been a huge trend this year and last night’s Emmy awards were no exception” said Mancuso. “Starlets sported glamorous hairstyles inspired by the 30’s and 40’s and made the looks their own by varying the degree of finger waves to suit their personal style.”
· Apply Nexxus Mousse Plus to damp hair to create incredible body and give hair the textured hold it needs to support the style.
· Blow dry hair upside down and massage roots with fingertips to rough up locks at the scalp and create lift.
· Set hair in hot rollers to get that classic finger wave. For a softer wave like Dianna’s, use a larger roller to get the voluminous swoop. Choose a smaller roller for tighter waves like Kate and Evan’s.
· Once hair cools, remove rollers and twist hair into a bun at the back of your head (unless you have a pixie cut like Evan Rachael Wood).
· Secure the bun in place with bobby pins, allowing the front section of hair, on one side, to remain free.
· Arrange the loose front pieces into a face framing wave.
· Spray in place with a strong hold hairspray like Nexxus Maxximum to ensure you style stays put all night.